Thursday 2 December 2010

Improvements!

Things finally seem to be on the up with my recuperation. Had a really good physio session on Tuesday and she was happy enough with my recovery so far and gave me the green light to go and start doing some exercise again :)

So I literally left the physio appt, went home to change and went straight to the gym. And it felt great. I only did 15 mins on the treadmill at a fast walk, 15 mins on the bike and 3 sets of 18 leg presses, but it's all baby steps. I need to remember that my surgery was only 7 weeks ago, and resist all temptation to go hell for leather and end up damaging myself. I'm going to do a week or 10 days of the same very light workout (every other day or so) and then if I have no adverse effects, there's no reason for me not to start back to yoga, do a Zumba class and even some upper body strength training, as long as I keep the weights light for now as it's still very early days.

I must admit though, it's amazing how anxious I obviously am subconciously about hurting my neck. I really enjoyed my first session back in the gym, but spent the rest of the day and the day after fretting about every little bit of pain, in case I'd done something to damage myself. Happily though, my pain has been no worse than it had been in the previous days, and in fact, I am now down to only taking one dose of strong painkillers, at night. I'm very pleased with that as it means I've been able to drive again and though I've not been driving far, it's amazing to be able to have my independence back.

I wanted to go and do a second gym sesh today, but ended up meeting some friends for lunch instead. So I did some WiiFit, which I've dusted off, just as a bit of light exercise to keep my motivation going, and I plan to go to the gym in the morning.

Some good plans for the weekend ahead. Going to see Peter Kay tomorrow night and then lunch and afternoon cocktails on Saturday with one of my oldest buddies. She doesn't go out much as she has two small children so any time we get to spend together is to be savoured over good food and drinkies!

Now to spend the rest of the evening snuggled under my fleece blanket, watching the football. Happy days.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete