Monday 13 July 2009

BBQs are evil!

And that is even with careful planning!

I knew I was going to a BBQ this afternoon so I went shopping yesterday for some healthy(ish) BBQ grub. I ended up bringing chicken breast fillets, king prawns which I marinated in a little olive oil chilli and garlic, and as a treat I bought the best burgers with the least ingredients which I could find and ended up with Tesco Finest Angus beefburgers with Jalapeno peppers.

I vowed that I would eat my meat and prawns only, no bread and absolutely no coleslaw or other such sauces. The bread and sauces I managed - what was my downfall was when I finished my chicken, prawns and burger, there was one lonely burger left sitting right in front of me. And it sat. And I stared at it. I really should have got up and walked away but instead when I'm asked if I want to go halfers, I see this as a good compromise and eat another half burger. Gah. So annoyed with myself but I have kept within my calories so really the only problem is my fat percentage today - it is embarrassing! Ah well, the burger was darn tasty.

B - Pancake made from fat free cottage cheese, oats, 1 egg, 4 egg whites & cinnamon with banana & 1 tsp maple syrup
Post workout - 1 scoop whey protein in 200ml water
S - 1 slice wholegrain toast & raspberry jam
L - 1.5 beefburgers with jalapenos, 50g king prawns & 75g chicken breast fillet from BBQ
S - 6 S & V Pringles (did I forget to mention those??!)
D - Bowl of homemade tomato & lentil soup
S - 1 clementine

Exercise - 40 mins run/walk

Calorie Summary
Daily Cal Quota: 1485
+ Exercise Cals: 198
Total Cal Quota: 1683
Calories Consumed: 1567
Calories Left: 116
Cals to Maintain Weight: 1985

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 1567
Protein (g) 137.3
Carbohydrate (g) 117.6
Fat (g) 59.2 :-O
Fibre (g) 15.2
Fruit & Veg 5.1
Water (litres) 2.3

2 comments:

  1. I think you did berluddy well! Excellent restraint - you could have said sod it and eaten all sorts of rubbish! Well done..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They recommend 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight is keeping/gaining muscle. The burger obviously looked at you and said...you need me.
    I love barbies, easy high protein days.
    :)

    ReplyDelete