Sunday 12 July 2009

Eat eat eat eat eat!

That feels like all I've done today! But in actual fact, its all been small meals/snacks and I really haven't had one big meal today. And I don't feel hungry at all, which is good as I know eating little and often is good.

Haven't exercised today as I have serious DOMS following yesterdays workout and I just couldn't face dragging my aching limbs out for a run. I am praying that I will defy the normal 'day 2 is worse' phenomenon and feel a bit better tomorrow and get out for a run in the morning.
I made a gorgeous soup today, tomato and lentil which I haven't had in ages! I made a pact with myself to eat more lentils/beans/pulses as i don't eat them currently very much and they are great for fibre and protein intake.

I also experimented a little with cottage cheese tonight, and made a cottage cheese dip by blending cottage cheese with red onion, tomato puree, chilli powder and some herbs. I tried it with some carrots and it was ok - but I could still taste the taste of the cottage cheese and it put me off (I can't ruddy stand the stuff and currently can only manage it in my pancakes) so I'll not be rushing to have it again!

Really, really struggling to up my protein and lower my carbs (on non exercise days) and am going to keep experimenting to find things I like.

So short on calories today its ridiculous, am currently 385 cals below my allowance so shall have a scoop of whey protein with milk before bed to hopefully repair my aching muscles overnight!!!

Todays food:

B - Granola with semi-skimmed milk
S - Smoothie with 1 scoop raspberry ripple whey protein, 5og each of blackberries, frozen raspberries and strawberries & 1 banana
L - 2 slices of wholegrain toast with strawberry jam (didn't intend to have toast but forgot to have my lunch and made emergency food in my sisters!)
S - Handful of cashews
D - Bowl of tomato and lentil soup
S - 130g tuna mixed with 30g red onion
S - 100g raw carrot with homemade cottage cheese dip
S - 1 scoop whey protein with 200ml semi skimmed milk

Exercise - None

Calorie Summary
Daily Cal Quota: 1485
+ Exercise Cals: 0
Total Cal Quota: 1485
Calories Consumed: 1335
Calories Left: 150
Cals to Maintain Weight: 1985

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal) 1335
Protein (g) 117.1
Carbohydrate (g) 145.2
Fat (g) 31.3
Fibre (g) 25.3
Fruit & Veg 8.5
Water (litres) 2.3

Percent Calories From:
Carbohydrate (42%)
Protein (36.2%)
Fat (21.8%)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day! My fat was 53% today! Wheres a shame faced icon.
    Keep up the good work. Grazing sounds like its working for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your food sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete