Sunday 14 June 2009

Vietnamese Pork Noodle Soup


Mmmmmmm, this is my new discovery and it is gorgeous. Recipe below. I based it on a few recipes I saw online but totally tweaked it to my own taste. I had only intended to make one portion but it actually ended up enough for two portions, so next time I'll be doubling the meat quantity.

Just start off with a basic stock, and add all the ingredients, including cooked pork and simmer for c 10 mins. I added the noodles 5 mins before the end and they cooked in the mixture.

Oh and a tip, don't add any extra salt to season as the fish sauce and the soy are plenty!

60g Pork, Diced, Lean, Average
24g Onion, Spring Or Scallion, Raw, Average
24g Tomatoes, Plum, Baby, Average
22g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
1 Tbsp/15ml Sauce, Thai Fish, Nuoc Mam, Amoy
1 Tbsp/15ml Sauce, Soy, Dark, Amoy
1 Tsp/2g Ginger, Ground, Average
5g Chillies, Red, Chopped, Very Lazy, The English Provender Co.
1 Serving/63g Noodles, Egg, Fine Thread, Dry, Marks & Spencer

Calories (kcal) 171.5
Carbohydrate (g) 27.8
Protein (g) 12.8
Fat (g) 1.0
Fibre (g) 2.3

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks great! I'm going to try it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will need to try this next week, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete