Monday 1 June 2009

New pancake recipe

Sorry I've been neglecting my blogging duties - was away at a training weekend and have had no time whatsoever.

I'm an instructor with the army cadets and when we are at training weekends/camps we are at the mercy of the chef. Good quality food but high on carbs and not much nutritional value - aiming for filling up people with carbs who are out being active in the fresh air all day long! And to be fair, we be so busy running about that come every mealtime we are ravenous and welcome the stodge. And I haven't put on any extra pounds so thats the main thing.

So I adjusted my pancake recipe to include Quark, following JAGs recommendation. The stuff tastes rank on its own imo, but I replaced the cottage cheese in my pancake recipe for Quark, as when I went to buy more cottage cheese in Tesco tonight they had only full fat stuff. I also added another egg white to up the protein a little. And again, its yummy. I add the maple syrup to sweeten it a little.

Heres the recipe for 2 servings:

Jildo's Breakfast Pancake

Ingredients
1 Serving/50g Breakfast Cereal, Porridge Oats, Dry Weight, Value, Tesco
1 Egg/56g Eggs, Free Range, Large, Average
2 Lg Egg Whites/80g Eggs, Whites Only, Raw, Average
2 Meds/204g Banana, Raw, Flesh Only, Average
10g Syrup, Maple, Average
125g Cheese, Quark, Virtuallty Fat Free, Orchard Dairy

No comments:

Post a Comment